Sick Of My Old E6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Q9450 is around $480 here in Aus, which would be your whole budget. And considering an i7 920 is about the same, imo it is not worth it. You would need to spend alot more on an i7 build, but at least that would see you a significant jump in performance. Going to a Q9450 would not see a significant jump, at least in games, and your E6850 can probably overclock past it anyway.

Do you have an SLI motherboard?? If so you could invest in another gtx 260 which would then eat just about any game out there.

Try overclocking, then if you still want to consider a cpu upgrade, its only worth it to go to an i7 rig.

sry to butt in on this, but is 50 processes a lot? I also agree, attempt to overclock before getting a new chip.

sry to butt in on this, but is 50 processes a lot? I also agree, attempt to overclock before getting a new chip.

Depends what you're doing. I usually have around 76-80 processes constantly ;).

And the e6850 will still do you just fine, just overclock it like the others have suggested and you'll be fine. Heck, my e6750 is doing me just fine even. I have it overclocked to 3.54GHz (stock 2.66GHz), and no bottlenecks for me.

I have 43 I would say 50-60 was average from fresh install and acceptable I just like mine a bit lower. If your a gamer using xp you can make a profile and get it down to 20-30 processes so only pure windows processes are running and your game the speed increase is negligable although I use to close explorer.exe on my laptop when playing games and that gave a noticeable fps boost.

I believe it is not possible to make gaming profiles on vista as the administrator forces all users to have the same services profile (never personally tried this just going on what I heard on a nother forum). A guy there created a script which he place on the desktop of his gaming user and when run it would close all unnecessary services and processes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom