Windows 7 Milestone 3 Build 6801 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I know special ppl only.. I'm special.. ppl tell me that all the time, don't know why they call me Ed tho? :freak:
It isnt about Special People. It is about those who have done work for M$ in the past.

Being a Beta Tester isnt jsut something that you fall into. You have to go to Microsoft Connect site and start off testing smaller Betas. Just as i did. I started off on things like WLM and OneCare and stuff like that. I earned my way into the Office 12 Beta with my testing. From there i got more and more high end Betas to test.

I now am in windows 7 cause i have shown that i can get the software and test it. Not just use it cause i want the latest. I test it. I install stuff that might or might not work. I format and reinstall Windows up to 5 times a day if i find issues and try to recreate them. I report bugs. I report my findings to them.

Most people want Win7 just to see it and use it. Not to really test it. These are the people that wont ever get into a Beta from Microsoft. But if you start off like i did testing some smaller apps you can earn your right to test things like Windows OS's. It isnt a day or week task. It took me 4 years of work with betas to get my invite.
Good, got anymore screenies to share?

Once the Beta goes out by Microsoft i will write up a new review with screenshots and all that. ;)

Ahh, very cool ;) I have done testing in the past but on a much smaller scale and it was for a much smaller group and it was with betas that were found on web and p2p..

my testing was more user end and I gave reports on my opinions of the pre release.. most ppl don't want to take the time to do all the painful re-installs but I enjoyed it. but I'm sure with your knowlege of code and things that really would be more benificial to MS than my user end testing.

But if they are looking for user end testers please let me know and I just don't mean the next OS, anything from office to photo apps.. what ever, I love testing different software and things and pushing the limits.

please feel free to throw anything at me.

If you read my post in the Virus section I did a quick and short post on malware/virus testing (user-end) that I had done in the past.. tho that post isn't a review but more of a personal history in short form.

But I'm game for any apps anyone wants to throw at me, I have also done reviews on the different builds of Longhorn.. man I loved that.. but yea that was more of an indepedant review thing, nothing of importance.

So the whole thing about it being x64 only was all lies right?

Longhorn/Vista was originaly suposed to be in x64 only.. all the betas were x64.

So the whole thing about it being x64 only was all lies right?
Yes it was.
Longhorn/Vista was originaly suposed to be in x64 only.. all the betas were x64.

Not true. I have Betas from Longhorn and Vista Betas in x86. Every Build. They were released in both.

Microsoft Connect

Sign up there with a Live account and start signing up for Betas to test. They have some things there you will like.

COOL! thanks!!!

It has been awhile for me well 5,6 years so maybe it was the "rumor" about it only being 64 bit and @ the time I was chomping at the bit for a x64 OS.. even thought about SUSE until I found out the FS issue between Linux and NT.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!!!

Yes it was.

Not true. I have Betas from Longhorn and Vista Betas in x86. Every Build. They were released in both.

Microsoft Connect

Sign up there with a Live account and start signing up for Betas to test. They have some things there you will like.

Well I went there to sign up for a Live ID they offer to use existing email or create a new one.. so I chose to create a new .. and I did, logged into the new one went back to finish the live ID sign up and this is what it says..

"The portion of your e-mail address that follows the @ symbol is part of a "reserved domain" such as live.com, hotmail.com, msn.com or passport.com. Please type a different e-mail address"

??? LOL

So, I would have to have my own domain? or just not a Windows email.. I never use my pop3 that came with my ISP account.. I supose if need be I could use it.. but my main email that gets tons of spam is a hotmail account

You can use any type of email for use with Connect. I have one with my Hotmail, Live and GMail email accounts.

Most likely it is cause the service didnt recognize the new email address yet.

Registered, I'm in MS connect. The page seems to be extremely hard on this PC, so I may have to wait to really check things out when I fix my main rig.

But Hope to get in and get a feel for it it's setup :)

ok, I'm checking out all the lil diddy's they have up for testing.. seems pretty cool.

Thanks again my friend, will just read over things and when my main rig is set I will dive into the ones that are up my ally.

Is Microsoft doing an open beta with 7 like they did with Vista? I remember signing up for the Vista Beta, downloading the ISO, but never getting around to testing it. I really would like to test Windows 7 when it hits official beta and I'm wondering if they're going to do the public beta testing like they did for Vista. I have more experience with PC's now (not to mention more PC's to be able to mess up) and don't mind reinstalling Windows anymore, so I'd like to try it and give feedback, so I hope they do a public beta.

EDIT:
signed up for the Windows Connect thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom