barbones kits??

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailrider894

Baseband Member
i'm wondering if anyone has bought a barebones kit from tiger direct or new egg??? and how did u like it? and if so what is a good one for video editing and gaming for under $500??

what do u prefer and why AMD or INTEL?? and has anyone had any experience with AMD64 X2 4200+ CPU?? and what were the pros and cons about it?

I don't care about AMD or Intel, whatever has the best price at the moment. I do pull for AMD but I make a terrible fanboy as both my desktops and both my laptops are all Intel.

Nothing wrong with barebones kits but for the most part I don't think they're assembled in any way, especially the TD ones. Just a bunch of discounted parts. They can be bought cheaper seperately sometimes from Newegg.

Right now Intel is typically faster and I'm pretty sure Intel is a good bit faster in video editing.

But I've never been a fan of barebone kits since their normally lacking in at least one thing (like weak motherboard or ram).

Right now Intel is typically faster and I'm pretty sure Intel is a good bit faster in video editing.

But I've never been a fan of barebone kits since their normally lacking in at least one thing (like weak motherboard or ram).

i agree with this.

i find it best to try for the combo deals newegg offers.

pick out something you like, see if it has any combo deals, check thru the combo deals and see if there is anything in there you would also need.
you can save a nice chunk of change this way.

Yeah there was some great combo deals on ati cards and ocz ram a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom