AMD Inside Apple in 2009?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
AMD Inside Apple in 2009?

The author of this editorial admits that Apple using AMD processors probably isn't in the cards right now but he does his best to explain why it should be.

So AMD should be targeting Intel vulnerabilities--some of them self-imposed because of Intel's rigid processor segmentation in some areas--as well as exploiting its self-proclaimed advantage: AMD is the only one of the Big Three PC processor suppliers (the other two being Intel and Nvidia) that makes both CPUs and GPUs.

It would be a better business move, especially from an integrated standpoint as that's how most of Apple's computers are and they have admitted to needed to have higher powered GPu's in the past. AMD seems to be the best route to that.

they use AMD cards in their towers now for the most part... (2600xt's) or you can get the 8800gt/quadro card, so i think it would make sense for them.. provided amd/ati can get their **** together and put out better performing architecture.

A move like that MAY save AMD from bankruptcy. The only think keeping that company afloat is selling old XP chips to Russia.

I'm an Intel fan personally, but I believe a move like that would help make the processing market more competative considering AMD is having so much trouble staying afloat. It would also pressure Intel to beef up their processor line and possible reduce costs.

No they are not, Intel an AMD are two different beasts. I own Intel, AMD & various other PPC chips and i must say to me they are all good. Business practices aside i do like intel but my last 3 rigs have all been AMD based.

Well? If I ever decide to buy an Apple or Mac(not in your lifetime) I'll be glad to still be working an AMD cpu in it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom