overclocking my q9300- help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
highest i've got is 514MHz with enough stability to run SPi... that was with 1.48V on the core and 1.36 on the NB... i think that was limited by my memory (didnt wanna go much higher than 1050MHz @ 5-5-4-15)... dont think i'll buy new stuff tho... thinking of grabbing a 920 soon

mch frequency latch? what does that mean. i was just scrolling through the bios and i saw that. i will try a 2.000d strap.

cpu clock drive?
cpu and mch clock skew?
sorry for all the questions but it feels like i need a engineering degree to overclock this thing.

oh yeah, forgot to answer this... the Clock Skew refers the amount of offset there is on the cycling of the core and MCH relative to the clock generator (ie how much delay from the base clock each system has)... this setting can be very useful for getting better stability at high FSBs, especially for quads (so you'll wanna get comfortable with these options)... just leave the Driving options at default (i believe it should be 700mV on the core and 800mV on the MCH), as changing this without being absolutely sure what this does can cause you alot of trouble

how high do you run the clock skew. what fsb:ram ratio do you use? when i was playing with the clock skew i got it to 440 fsb but i dont think that was stable.

i was using a 1:1 divider and a 400MHz strap with 100ps on the MCH and 50ps on the core... try putting 100-200ps on your MCH and up to 100ps on the core to help you get stable at big FSB

wow a 1:1 ratio i dont think my ram will do 1600mhz. remember i am on ddr3 stock speeds of 1333mhz. i'll try those settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom