x2 6400BE vs x2 7750BE

Status
Not open for further replies.
lower voltage...sorry for not making that clear.....

but since you have 4 x 1gb sticks, you could cut down on that too since filling up all 4 ram channels will hinder OCing

lower voltage...sorry for not making that clear.....

but since you have 4 x 1gb sticks, you could cut down on that too since filling up all 4 ram channels will hinder OCing

thanks, ill take out 2 sticks and run the other 2 sticks @1.8v 5-5-5-15 and see if i can increase my cpu voltage.

ill report back my results.

edit: results are in.
no cookie for me. this did not change anything ;(
was still not able to increase cpu voltage by anything without BSOD
ill wait until my new board comes in before i try toying with this chip any further.

hmm im sorry to hear that =( sounds like a chipset limitation to me...

did u try flashing your bios to the latest? that helped me OC my chip a little bit more....

hmm im sorry to hear that =( sounds like a chipset limitation to me...

did u try flashing your bios to the latest? that helped me OC my chip a little bit more....

ya, i flashed bios friday, boy was that scary when i booted up only to find my cpu voltage @ 1.4 and my memory timings @ 5-6-5-25

Sounds like your board is the problem :p

Taste with 1.4VCore aim for 3.5.

lol, that was with the 6400 still in there, and no the 1.4v would only BSOD me

im pretty confident i can get well over 3.3GHz as long as the new board will let me increase the voltage when i get it.

@ 24C idle with what you guys call a bad cooler (3DRocket II), the new core contact freezer will be even more in my favor on the new board.

as long as i can control the voltage, it seems that i have alot of head room left with this chip. but 3.28 is best i can do @ 1.168 vcore.
ive seen ppl running this chip @ 1.3xx and 1.4xx vcore, that is the headroom i have, but cant touch it yet.

Yeah I meant going for 3.5 after your new board came in.

But this is impressive, this is the reason I m looking forward to see what the Regor chips are capable of.

thanks guys for the encouragment.

cant wait to plug in the new mobo

3.5 seems very realistic (only 220MHz away from my top speed) as long as i can up the voltage

perhaps 3.6 or 3.7, but im not going to hold my breath.

Yeah 3.6ghz~3.7ghz will probably be done on air with that chip. But not many chips will be capable of it.

Even 3.4~3.5ghz is a nice overclock for an AMD chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom