dropped laptop, no display

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

Inspired by Art
my brother in law has a decent laptop.
one of his kids (1 1/2 years old) picked it up and dropped it.

he says it will power on, but no video display is seen, just a blank screen as if it were not powered on.

any idea's on how (if possible) to fix this.

atm, he is trying to get the panel off so we can look inside to see if anything is just loose.

my brother in law has a decent laptop.
one of his kids (1 1/2 years old) picked it up and dropped it.

he says it will power on, but no video display is seen, just a blank screen as if it were not powered on.

any idea's on how (if possible) to fix this.

atm, he is trying to get the panel off so we can look inside to see if anything is just loose.

it could be that the screen got killed, or something else. i'll do a bit of a google for you cause im bored.

I don't think a Google search is too helpful in this case. :rolleyes:

It was dropped. Something is either loose or broken. You can quickly check if the display is the only damaged component by connecting an external monitor. If that works, the LCD panel needs to be replaced. They're not interchangeable, so you'd have to locate an exact replacement. They're not cheap.

I don't think a Google search is too helpful in this case. :rolleyes:

It was dropped. Something is either loose or broken. You can quickly check if the display is the only damaged component by connecting an external monitor. If that works, the LCD panel needs to be replaced. They're not interchangeable, so you'd have to locate an exact replacement. They're not cheap.

ill try that asap, thanks for the suggestion

plugged it to my lcd, no cookies

must be internal, somthing is either loose, or just something else, i know nothing at all about laptops, as i have never owned one myself.

thanks guys.

When you attached the external lcd, did it recognize a connection? As in, on my monitor, it goes green if its connected or orange if its on but no signal is being received.

When you attached the external lcd, did it recognize a connection? As in, on my monitor, it goes green if its connected or orange if its on but no signal is being received.

no nothing...

when the laptop is turned on , all the leds come on including the led's on the side of the laptops monitor, but neither screen (mine or the laptops) shows a screen other than like its turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom