Wi-Fi adapter not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes they should. if they dont, download the ones directly underneath them. im not sure if that card uses the rt2500 chipset or the rt61. it is one of them though.
it was a PITA finding them but i finally made my card work with server 08 64bit.

Ohh ok, I'll try to out.

EDIT
Ah crap, neither of them work. Looks like I'll be going out tomorrow to get a new card that is actually capable of working with windows vista 64 bit. Anyone got an suggestion of which one I should get? I'll probably be going to Frys since I live pretty close to it. So a suggestion from there would be nice.:)

it has to be a certain version to work in 64bit (the netgear wpn311).
this thread contains a link to the driver that MAY work...
WPN311 64-bit vista drivers! - NETGEAR Forums

i have the linksys WMP54G version 4.1 (this is IMPORTANT...you have to open the package to find out the version. most new ones will be 4.1). i can assure you it works with 64bit because i use it in my media rig.

So you're saying I should get the netgear wpn311 because it works with vista 64 bit? And those are the drivers for it - just incase?

no im saying that the netgear wnp311 drivers for vista 64bit are beta AND they are 3 years old, almost.
netgear doesnt want to support 64 bit OS because, well...they just dont.
those drivers on that page MAY work, they may not.

the Linksys WMP54G Version 4.1 (V4.1 on card) WILL work with 64 bit vista, i use it in my media rig which runs Server 08 64bit, which is the same backbone as vista 64 (its the same driver). i can email the driver to you or link it from where i finally found it for my card.

Ok, then I'll see if I can get that one.
Wait, so I will know if the network adapter supports vista 64 bit because it will say on the box, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom