PSU Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenenbaum

In Runtime
I was originally going to buy
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S75CF 750W EPS12V SLI NVIDIA SLI Certified (Dual 8800 GTX and below) CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

But I'm not sure if I should go with it or not.
I run a Q6600 @ 3.0GHZ, a 4850, NZXT Tempest...
I was wondering if I needed to spend all that money right now?
I mean, I want to do upgrades in the future, but do I really need this big of one?
I don't mind buying it.
But also, I noticed A LOT of bad reviews, people getting bad ones that blew up.
I'm not really looking forward to that.

Any other suggestions?

newegg reviewers are stupid dont listen to them. if you think about it this way if you get that psu now then in the future you wont have to upgrade for a couple of more years.

Yes that PSU will last you a long time...BUT you dont actually need one that big. For that particular system, you will only need around 500w from a quality power supply (eg. PC P&C, Corsair, Seasonic)

Personally i would go with this one if i were you. Its at a good price, and still leaves you alot of headroom, you could easily run 2 HD4850s of this if you want.:

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling S61EPS 610W Continuous @ 40°C EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

You could also easily go with the 500W version, which is only $49.99 after MIR. All depends how much you want to spend, but they will all run your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom