Wi-Fi adapter not working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could possibly be a dead card however that is a tad unlikely. Are the drivers from the CD or from the manufactures site? And just to say the obvious is it seated properly in the PCI slot?

Oh and does it show up in device manager as unknown hardware etc?

Well the drivers are form the CD but they don't do crap. It's like I never even installed them. An I can't get them from the internet because I don't have internet on the computer. I tired taking the card out and putting it back in and nothing happen still. It does show up in the device manager as a network adapter, but it says "this device cannot start (Code 10)"

Why don't you download the latest with your internet capable pc, put them on a thumb drive and try them on the faulty machine?

ok well I moved the drivers to the computer and installed them, then I restarted my computer. It's still not working and windows still says that there is no hardware device installed. But it still shows up in the device manager saying from on to "this device cannot start (Code 10)".
But now there is the little icon in the bottom right hand corner, and it says "edimax wireless LAN card
Not exist"

Chipset drivers are what help the Mobo communicate with the OS more efficently. For some driver with integrated parts, like audio and network adapters, the chipset drivers must be installed first for these drivers to be able to be installed and work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom