What CPU do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, you may need to step up the voltage as well, this will give you higher speeds by allowing the chip to still function by giving it adequate power. Be advised that stepping the voltage up too high can result in a dead system. Proceed with caution and keep an eye on those temps.

I can't adjust my systems voltage, it does that automatically, I also have it set in the bios to shutdown if I ever hit 60 degrees celsius. Right now I am running 44-46 degrees celsius, and i will be getting an 80 mm vantec tornado along with an 80 to 60mm adapter so it will fit my heatsink pretty soon. I'm thinking I will get around a 5+ degree celsius drop.

Also thanks alot for you help, I really appreciate it.

Hey, no problem, that's what we are here for. I hope I answered alot of your questions. Take it easy, I'm sure I'll see you around :)

Yea, and I guess I have been running on the highest I can, I tried 134x11.5 a second ago, got into sisandra and started the burn in tests and after the cpu arithmetic benchmark it gave me the black screen of death. So I am glad to know this is the highest I can go, for now at least.

to find out what AMD processor you have take off the heatsink and read the Ordering Part Number. AMD has a chart you can use to match it up with.

crazybeans said:
Another thing to take note of is the "1600+", this is a P-Rating which only explanes its performance compared to an Intel based CPU. AMD uses this so their chips don't look slower than Intel's although their clock speeds are lower than the P-Rating. If your OCing the chip and have changed the multiplyer, you will notice a variation in standard speeds as stated when running a benchmarking product. Hope that explaines it.
well the XP 1600+ does perform roughly as well as the 1.6GHZ P4, so the P-rating is a measure of the actual performance; although the clock speeds are lower, Athlon processors can complete more instructions per clock cycle than a P4 can, so they perform better clock for clock

you can raise the internal clock speed with the multiplier or the FSB, but you'll find that it can become unstable either way; you'll find that raising the FSB will give you better performance than raising the multiplier because you're raising the transfer speed to and from the processor also
if you find it unstable, the most commen cause is overheating; in this case you have 2 choices
1. get a better cooling fan and/or heatsink
2. lower the speed just enough for it to be stable

to find out the CPU type and specificatons, you can download a program called CPU-Z which can also tell you about your motherboard and RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom