Would this Psu work with sapphire 4870?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdon12

Baseband Member
Would this PSU Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies
Work with This Gpu Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100259L Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
I dont plan on Over clocking it or Doing cross fire since my comp only has 1 slot of PCI -E
So my question is Would these 2 work? and should i also worry about the temperature even though im not going to overclock it?
This is my comp btw Gateway Official Site: Shop - Desktops – LX6200-01 Product Details - LX 6200 01 Product Details
ITs ok if you guys reccomend another PSU but my budget is only around $100
(thx for all your comments from my pass post about the 4850 and 4870, i just decided to get this because i dont plan on overclocking and i might even switch to another monitor to a higher resolution)

you should be all good with that PSU. i believe that is the one i use....jesus christ you have a lot of ram.

no ur temps should be fine. The reason he has so much mem is cuz prebuilt makers try to trick people into thinking tons of memory is better

Yeah what Stalin said is true, But Ram now a days a pretty cheap $50 for like a what 2-4g? Anywayz yeah the main reason is because it was on sale for only 900$ with a 22 inch monitor. It was a quite a deal, ans seing as i never built a computer i was a little afraid starting from scratch, But im almost 90% sure my next comp will be one that i make.
Thx for the help guys
Anywayz yeah i was a little afraid of the temperature, specially with what ppl said about the 4870 becoming really hot, I was even thinking of getting this
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 64 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks
But that would really stretch out my budget, But since u said i dont have to, i guess im not :p

the reason people say they get hot is because they overclock them without turning up the fan speed.

if yours starts getting hot you can turn up the fan speed easily enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom