Help with my new 4850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess ill just send it back, i dunno im pretty tired with ati wich sucks cuz i thought this was gonna be a really nice card. Thinkin about gettin an 8800 gtx?

70c is too high for me. my 9800gtx never breaks 60c while playing crysis. i would try to rma it. and get a GTX 260, less driver and over all problems with those.

i had a x1900xtx never overclocked it and when i would go to take it out of my case or something touching it would almost burn my hands. probly explains why it was a piece of CRAP. shouls have got a 7800gtx

2900 series was just as bad as the x1900 series if not worse.... that thing got massively hot unless fan speed was running fast

but the x1950xtx takes the cake for having loudest fan ever

ya i loved my 4850's... until i figured out it was the cause of my romo always being INCREDIBLY HOT... crossfired 4850's = 5c temp raise in the room!!! SUCKED

the heat was about the only good thing about it (warmed my room in cold winter months) . most of the time i'de get a blue screen or it would freeze. but when it didn't lock up i was getting stellar frame rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom