help deciding needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks. hmmm, but if i spend that much, i might as well go for the best imo.

Its highly overboard for such a low resolution

well overboard isn't too bad when i want to be playing things on max,(or close to).....remember i want to keep this for quite a while.......

should just grab the 4870

new cards are coming out all the time

and you know you won't be able to hold back the urge to upgrade

dual 260s win but I wouldn't say "tear up" :p

Find a place that has a benchmark that compares the HD 4870 with a HD 4870X2, and the HD 4870 would perform exactly the same as the GTX 260 Core 216.. except in Crysis, where its biased.. GTX 260 Core 216 would have a slightly higher FPS in HD 4870

i know and they were using old (v177) drivers. also testing thier ati cards on a x48 mobo and the nvidia's on a 790i why cant they use the same mobo for all cards (excecpt for sli and crossfire) :mad:

Legit Reviews - EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Video Card - Crysis
if you play a lot of crysis.

well i don't play crysis, but i play crysis warhead. but it's not like im an addict to it, i just play it now and then. but i would love to see it on max.

But still, i have the capacity to get the 4870 x2, so it will be overkill for the games out right now and my res, it will be a little hot (that isn't a big problem as i have pretty **** good air cooling threw out my case right now)

what kind of problems are we talking about with a dual gpu card, iv never used one?
Do you have to have it in sli mode (i heard that you did, and in some games you have to use it off sli mode, not sure if it's true though)

if it is to much hassle i'll go with the 260 core 216 as i respect you judgement vern, but if i go overkill it will last longer.so let me know the issues with it...and i'll make my decision.

Thanks guys.

you need to have it in crossfire mode, sli is for nvidia. i would wait for the GTX 295 if your are going to spend lots of money. it would last longer and it's the "4870x2 killer" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom