VPU recovery error

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterfatal

Baseband Member
Whenever I play left 4 dead, about 20 minutes in. I get a 5 second freeze than a VPU recovery error. I tested it on fallout 3 and i also get the error, but the timing is more random.

I originally thought it was a PSU problem so I upgraded to a corsair 650tx, same issue.

amd phenom 9850
biostar ta790gx a2+
powercolor HD4850 (42C idle, around 70C at load)
BTW I'm using the latest ati drivers.

What error are you seeing? That usually points to the graphics driver involved.

Well I tried some other drivers, but same thing. its a popup that minimizes the game and basically says "vpu recovery error". Sometimes I can alt tab back into the game, But the error just repeats itself soon after.

uninstall drivers, wipe them off with a program, reinstall. make sure you have windows updates as there might be something with that. run ATItool on the card, that will stress test it and see if it's an actual problem with the card or possibly something else.

I'm having trouble getting ATITool to work. It is the lastest version (0.26). I click on scan for artifacts and nothing happens. Also the core says 13.68 and memory 21.76?

i got the 0.27 beta. i ran artifact scanner for 10 minutes. The temp got up to 78 max i believe. I got alot of artifacts/beeping through that time (small yellow dots)

The ATI tool itself is more for ocing then hardware testing if the card temps are the problem. You may simply need a better vpu cooler if the card is overheating when loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom