Radiator mounting solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthTools

Hardware/VB.net/Anti-vir
I have a dual rad I need to mount and I can't decide what to do about it.. My PC is sitting in front of me apart now.. lol

If I mounted the rad on the inside of the case, would I have bad temperatures?

If I mounted it on the outside covering the exhause fan grill would i need to remove the exhaust fan grill fan? to keep the fan from blowing air out of the PC on the rad?

And if I mounted it on the outside the rad would cover up one of the tubing holes..

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to install a rad on this case?

Case: CM Stacker 830 - It's bigger than my antec 900 so I'm blowing the dust off of it..
Rad: Swiftech MCR220-QP Dual 120mm Radiator

I have a dual rad I need to mount and I can't decide what to do about it..

If I mounted the rad on the inside of the case, at the back exhause fan grill, would I have bad temperatures?

If I mounted it on the outside covering the exhause fan grill would that improve temperatures? if i mounted it on the outside would i need to remove the exhaust fan grill fan? to keep the fan from blowing air out of the PC on the rad?

what case are you using.

Old temps were around 140-150 farenheit with stock cpu heatsink.. now with watercooling my temps are about 100-110..

This good for a dual rad setup?

The rad has 2 fans on it..

I have one tube from rad to the pump then from pump to cpu block then from cpu block to the rad.. the leg bone is connected to tha...and those are basically idle temps.. just some programs running in the background..

in between the tube going from the rad to the pump is a t-line that has a tube comping up from it with a bolt-type thing on top allowing me to add water to the loop.. I don't know if this makes the flow alot worse than having a res..

I am overclocking it now..

Are those temps under load or idle? Or is that the range. That is 38C to 43C down from 60C to 65C. If you getting 43 under load that is pretty good. When you say dual rad setup is that 2 loops one for cpu and one for gpu or is it two rads on one loop? What else is on your cpu loop?

I mounted the rad on the back.. Because of the extender plastic things my tubing didn't bend as much as I thought it would..

The QX6700 is at 3500MHz Core 350MHz Bus 10X Multi..

I am running two ORTHOS sp2004 programs and folding... and browsing the internet.. and core temp and downloading.. and.. and I haven't experienced any lagg yet.. much less problems..

core temp says: 140 140 135 136

Your temps are that high?!?!

Also please do temps in Celsius.

Still seems high by my standards. My e6600 hangs around 3200mhz and idles at about 20C and loads at about 26.

yea your temps are way to high specially for water cooling

140 degrees Fahrenheit = 60 degrees Celsius

wall i guess u kinda have it coming seeing as all QX6700's are b3...

I am running a lot of programs.. just regular computing it runs at around 111-120.. Fahrenheit... 43.8-48.8 Celsius...

I will be upgrading to a Q9550 soon.. assuming I can sell the QX6700 for a good enough price..

I will upload a pic of the setup here:

There is how I have everything set up...

pic of temps..:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom