Help with my new 4850

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tattered Wings

Baseband Member
I just got my HIS radeon hd 4850 in the mail today and im already having troubles. The card cant play any game for more than 10 minutes without booting me out, and for the 10 minutes im playing the frame rates are pathetic (less than my old 3870). My 3dMark05 scores are half of what i got with my 3870 also (apx. 5500 -.-). I have no clue what the problem could be, ive installed, uninstalled, and re-installed all catalyst drivers from 8.6 to the current 8.12 and none work. If any one thinks they might know the problem i would greatly appreciate it if they'd help me :)

Vid card is still acting up, random pop ups while in games saying gpu is not responding to drivers, then game stops responding. Framerates are still less than my 3870. :confused:

I have fans at 40-50%, the temps are very low from what ive heard of the 4850. My idle is around 50 C and in crysis its about 70 C.

Have you reseated you gpu? What PSU do you have? Do you have the 6 pin power to the card properly installed?

i had the same problem with my 4850's.. only i had em crossfired.. hope you get the issue solved... i didnt... so i sold em..

which OS are you using

Havent reseated gpu, didnt think id have to the first day i got it, reseatings a pain. I have a 630 watt Xion psu and im pretty sure i got the power connected correctly. I have xp 32 bit btw.

Turn the fan speed up. The stock cooler sucks.

doubt that's the problem if it only gets to 70c under Crysis and he's said he's turned them up to 40-50% which is what i have on my Sapphire 4870, saying that when my 4870 goes a few degrees over 70c it seems to act up, luckily with fan speed at 45% i seem to get about 55c while gaming.

I'd say MAYBE RMA it? if you've tried installing the drivers multiple times and are still having issues maybe it's just got a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom