CPU:DRAM ratio troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
RAM is rated at 9-9-9-24 @ 1600mhz but it came default at 8-8-8-20 @1066mhz. In order to get it to show at the rated speed I have to change the ratio from 2:8 to 2:16...but when i do that it overclocks the CPU from 2.67ghz to 2.8ghz. So how can I get the CPU to stay put but let the RAM run at it's rated speeds?

Perhaps you need to change the setting for cpu/ram ratio lock, turn it off so you can change the ram properties without changing the cpu

what's the name of the settings?

last time i messed with bios it was for a P4 and things have changed since then :p no clue what i'm doing with this thing lol

Open your bios and goto Frequency/voltage Control --> FSB & Memory Control --> FSB - Memory Clock Ratio [Auto/Linked/Unlinked]

Or should be close to that as long as your motherboard supports that feature although I wouldn't see why not. Set it to unlinked and you will be able to change about freely in the frequency/voltage control menu I think there's a "CPU(or FSB) multiplier control" or something to that sort, if you disable it then you change the multiplier and fsb perhaps to improve your performance etc etc..

IE: my cpu is a xeon 3220 (expensive q6600) I overclocked it by changing the multiplier from 9x to 8x which allowed me to up the FSB by a huge overhead increasing my performance and giving me the 1:1 ratio with 1700fsb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom