x2 6400BE vs x2 7750BE

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Very true. I have heard of someone hammering a socket 754 cpu into a 775 board so even the fact that it wouldn't fit doesn't seem to stop some people.

hey guys.
what happened to this thread?
and why is sombody suggesting i get an e5200.
my goal is to get the phenom II 940, but during that time, i decided to try out the 7750 and compair it to my 6400 for my sake, for my little bit of fun.
and to share the results to anyone who may be interested.

lets try to stay on topic ;), i dont want this thread closed for spam.

i still have another week before i get my mobo in. so i may see if a new bios update for my current board will support this chip and go ahead and get the ball rolling.

e5200 is a waste of money for me. if i was going with intel, it would be nothing less than a i7 920.

lets keep it in mind, i dont plan on having this 7750 for more than a month, i just wanted to toy with it.

as long as i can get it to 3.2, ill be happy as that will complete my tests.
anything over that, is just gravy.

i really didnt expect a power chip for $74.99.

thanks guys.

p.s. im sorry i do not use capital letters, its just the way i type ;)

He wasn't telling you to get an e5200. I think he made that painfully clear. But he is right on the other aspects. An e5200 would most likely crush the 7750.

It wont be closed. Vernong is a mod and he is involved in the conversation.

I would like to see how the chips compare anyways. There has been a lot of speculation about the newer AMD chips in the forums here and the more numbers the better.

He wasn't telling you to get an e5200. I think he made that painfully clear. But he is right on the other aspects. An e5200 would most likely crush the 7750.

It wont be closed. Vernong is a mod and he is involved in the conversation.

I would like to see how the chips compare anyways. There has been a lot of speculation about the newer AMD chips in the forums here and the more numbers the better.

Haha very true, but I'm prone to get off topic a lot :D

I agree with you, e5200 is pwnzor, but Puddle was not recommending it, simply saying that a Wolfie does 4.0ghz...

Btw, on a related note, Puddle mentioned an attempt at 4.1ghz with a 7750 BE on LN2? I must see it!

Btw, on a related note, Puddle mentioned an attempt at 4.1ghz with a 7750 BE on LN2?

I ran across a thread on xs abut it. It's a impressive clock for a x2 and I would guess 4.2ghz is not far from the amd record but I'm not sure.

4199MH_7750BE.PNG

My results with Athlon 7750 Black Edition - XtremeSystems Forums

new chip in old mobo.

here is cpu stock settings

wooohooo.jpg

will run superpi in one sec as well as 3dmark06

superpi on the 7750 @ stock settings

7750superpistock.jpg

3dmark06 coming up

3dmark06 @ stock speeds (cpu and gpu)

3dmark067750stock.jpg

i also want to comment on my temps.
or maybe the 6400 is just one darn hot chip like i thought it was.

with the same cooler, and same thermal paste AS5 (new application of course)
my temps are reading in the mid 20's for idle, i have not checked load temps yet.

my 6400 ran in the mid 30's @ idle.

so i can say with confidence, that this 3drocket makes a fine "stock" cooler ;)

i think i will OC this chip tomorrow. kinda late here now and with all the trouble i had with the bios flash, my nerves are too shot to attempt OC'ing anything lol.

ok, so now for the OC'ing.

i was able to get to 3.2GHz soley on the multiplier.
raised to 15.5 and tested, then raised again to 16.
ran stable.

here is superpi for the 7750 @ 3.2GHz
7750at3200superpi.jpg

this is 1.3 seconds faster than the 6400 @ same speed.
was hoping for more, but thats ok. i still have some headroom to OC this chip more.

bus speed and voltage have not been changed yet.

edit, this is my personal best superpi run to date, this score also beats the 6400 @ 3.36GHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom