My Gaming Rig for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belzybub

Baseband Member
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-EXTREME = $328 ( OH GOD!!! Is all I said when I saw this for the first time.)

Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor = $295 ( Will be getting the 965 when the price comes down. I just will not pay 1000 bucks for a CPU.) Now for a GPU I was willing to go 500 bucks because it is really 2 GPUs.)

SAPPHIRE 100251SR Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit (256-bit x 2) GDDR5 =
$490 (I fell in love and baught it. When it gets here I will make sweet love to it. Maybe take it out to a show.)

Case:Newegg.com - XCLIO A380BK Fully Black High Gloss Finish SECC 1.0mm thickness ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases ( Really nice good reviews loads of room and it does Mach 3 as well.)

CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply =$269 ( Will take care of all my power needs for quite a few years. I hope anyways.) Good reviews and loads of juice.)

Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000GLFS 300GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache = $230 ( Well now need I say more? Tried and true.)

G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory = $184 ( I am new to this company, but the reviews were are wonderful and the price I can deal with. I will be going all the way to 24G before I am finnished with this mainboard.)

Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2C 64-bit for System Builders - OEM ( To **** with Vista and to **** with MS Windows.) Just make a better XP guys we all loved it. Vista sucks <snipped> lets just say it sucks shall we. Even with DX-10)

Eheim 1048 Pump for water cooling (Fish Tank pump) Cheaper and better flow. 500 GPH. $60 ( Do not pay the inflated prices for the so called watercooling pumps they are just fish tank pumps.)

Adapter, Intel Socket 1366 anf Koolance CPU-340 $65 for both.
Liquid Coolant Bottle, High-Performance, 700mL (Fluorescent Blue)
Reservoir, Inline 200mm. Koolance VID-487X2 GPU water block. Mainboard already have blocks buildt in for north bridge I believe. Building the rest from auto parts and a few other odds and ends. Should be a really nice Cooler for the CPU I am going to Overclock to 3.5 from stock.

$60 for a pump isn't cheap :| so i don't get how you think you're saving money with that........ but anyway, that RAM is good..i have it :]

you'll love that GPU... but that PSU is overkill for that system... the TX-750 will be plenty (unless you plan on going for quad fire later)

that board will be sweet... the stock water block will serve you well, but you can replace it if you want some serious OCing results

stay away from Koolance blocks... they will rapidly cause galvanic corrosion because of the metals used in fabrication... an XSPC, Swiftech or DD CPU and = full cover GPU block will be your best bet

and for the coolant, dont use the premixes... just get some distilled water and add some fish tank biocide... if you really want UV reactivity, just grab some Feser UV tubing

If you don't mind a little noise, consider the D4 from Petrastechshop.com On sale for just $40.

Also most water cooling pumps that are sold now are industrial pumps, not aquarium pumps.

In it's beginnings aquarium pumps were much more common, but they are almost always AC powered and don't offer very much head.

The current bang for buck pump is the Laing DDC 3.2 with an aftermarket top. It offers excellent performance, good head pressure, and runs on DC voltage.

500 GPH is not a small pump. It is for very large fish tanks. 55Gal or more. Maybe even alittle big for a 55.

PSU is never overkill I like gadgets so it can run my USB plant growth system. and Desk lighting. lol

This is the first time I have heard anything negative about Koolance water blocks. No galvanic corrosion with nickle plating I would think. If you are talking about inside the block the use non-conductive fluid with a high heat exchange rate. This will stop and corrosion from happening.

500 GPH is not a small pump. It is for very large fish tanks. 55Gal or more. Maybe even alittle big for a 55.

PSU is never overkill I like gadgets so it can run my USB plant growth system. and Desk lighting. lol

This is the first time I have heard anything negative about Koolance water blocks. No galvanic corrosion with nickle plating I would think. If you are talking about inside the block the use non-conductive fluid with a high heat exchange rate. This will stop and corrosion from happening.

The problem is the pump likely has terrible head pressure so when you put it in line wth a bunch of very restrictive blocks you lose a lot of flow. Much more so than a pump with a higher head.

Now Koolance blocks are kind of an iffy ubject nowadays. In the past we could easily say stay away as they mixed metals, performed poorly, and cost more than better blocks.

Now the Koolance 350 cpu block is pretty good, HOWEVER, It is the highest restriction block on the market and still doesn't outperform the big 3 (Ek Supreme, D-tek Fuzion v2, Swiftech GTZ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom