x2 6400BE vs x2 7750BE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in just the plain old stock speed testing...

dont worry, that will be the first thing i do

then i OC to 3.2 and test for the vs the 6400

then i OC to max i can

ive seen pics of 3.5 on air. so i have a lil bit to go after 3.2.

You'll be able to hit higher than 3.2 with that cooler/fan you're getting. I've seen 3.2 on stock cooling... 3.3 they had a boot issue, but then again, standard crappy cooling. you should be able to hit at least 3.5...with any luck, 3.7 for a full 1ghz OC. ;)

^^ They only got the 7750 to 4.1ghz with ln2 so its unlikely 3.7ghz will be possible on air.

The e5200 is really the best option for overcloking in that price range since it can hit 4ghz on air.

^^ They only got the 7750 to 4.1ghz with ln2 so its unlikely 3.7ghz will be possible on air.

If you want a cheap 4ghz cpu get a e5200.

Agreed...

The last part is works out if he can afford a new CPU, Board and Cooler (not that I'm flaming)

But the 6400+ should be slower than the 7750BE @ around the same speed, since the 7750 is faster clock per clock

Agreed...

The last part is works out if he can afford a new CPU, Board and Cooler (not that I'm flaming)

I know, I was just saying the e5200 is currently the only cheap cpu that you will get to 4ghz on air. That doesn't mean its the best option for everyone. I will edit it to be more clear.

I know, I was just saying the e5200 is currently the only cheap cpu that you will get to 4ghz on air. That doesn't mean its the best option for everyone. I will edit it to be more clear.

Ya I know what you meant, I just wanted to say that so the OP didn't get confused.. I didn't mean it to be mean.. my bad..

Speaking of an e5200, you plan on getting one?

^^ I know, I still should have made it more clear so it didn't look like I was suggesting getting a lga775 cpu for a am2 board.

I would love to get a e5200 but buying a laptop pretty much killed any upgrade plans for the foreseeable future.

Ya worth mentioning... after the whole "7800 won't work incident" (even though it was a troll, it still reminds me of the stupidity of some people..) it doesn't hurt to mention stuff like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom