New Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

onimega

Solid State Member
hey, one of my computer's hard drive died and I am now installing a new hard drive, with nothing on it (so obviously i have to install the os too). I don't wanna mess the new drive up. I wanna know how would I go about installing the new hard drive and installing windows (windows xp pro).

System specs:

Intel Celeron 1.3 ghz
256 mb sdram pc133
16x cd-rom
nVidia tnt2 32mb

hard drive: Maxtor Fireball 3 w/40 gb

Thanks.

welll just hook ur drive up as master (make sure if there are jumper settings that u get them right :)).. and then just start up ur system and pop in ur win xp cd.. it'll book rite off the cd and ull be good to goo :).. the installation will guide u thru everything.. its pretty straightforward...

if u wanna do some partitioning, then i suggest that u go 2 the maxtor website n get d prog that helps u format n partiton. their software is only 4 Maxtor hddz. Trust me, itz really quick. It just take about less than a minute 2 do everything. the software is called Maxblast 3. if u don't wanna partiton it, thenn follow what they've said above.

Alright, cool. Thanks everyone for the quick responses. I'll give it a go right now.

hey everyone, I set the jumpers all right for the drive, and connected it to the comp, but the comp won't detect the drive, i know the drive isn't faulty, because i put it in my latest comp (it's in it right now), but i want it in the other computer. It uses an intel mobo, not sure what model, but it's made for the celeron 1.3 ghz (tualatin core). Any body can think of why it's not detecting the hd? I set the jumpers to master when i connected it.

ps. the drive is ntfs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom