Apple Failed To Copyright Mac OS X, Psystar Claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the hardware is the same now, even. Like you, I have nothing against their products, only the ridiculous price tag. If they opened up the OS and made it compatible with more hardware, I'd be second in line behind you for building my custom Mac!

I think this whole idea isn't bad, but the Wintel market already has that, that is why I was first attracted to the Macs because they were different (I was a PowerPC guy for ages), but then I bought a MacBook Pro, I realized that other than the processor and some hardware changes, Mac never really had anything "that" awesome, for the price, so I went back to PCs (I had always had Windows, but PCs were bothering me at the time).

I suppose my point is, it is all a little depressing to have Mac go practically mainstream (practically a fancy PC) and be such tightwads about it and not admit they are practically a PC producer now, sure their quality standards are high, but that was more warranted before they started using Intel hardware, which has a high standard already as far as im concerned.

I dont know what they should do now, I am not Steve Jobs, so I wont speculate, he wont listen to me anyway :)

Don't all post at once (i hate that), it is, after all, an opinion, whats it really worth to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom