video card continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzjess

In Runtime
ok i have a 8800gtx was getting red lines through my display and distorted graphics and then later i could not even get windows to open unless i disabled my video card.
even after disableing windows would start up but still have red lines.....

i finally found someone else in my small town who had a pci express video card(everybody still had agp) but it was a ati x300 that came in somebodies dell... welll i pluged that in and the lines were gone... now is that enough proof to say its my vider card orrrrr could it still be my power supply (mind you that the 8800gtx takes 2 six pin power plugs and the ati takes none)

It could be your PSU if it's as old as your 8800GTX but most likely it's what phil already said. Video card is dying.

Agreed with Philibar and Baez. If you get artifacts like that its most likely something with the card.

If its your PSU you wont be able to tell by putting in a x300, more stress is needed. But its more likely the video card itself. Time to recommend a 4850 anyone?

Also, it would be good to see all your system specs.

ok here they are.

windows xp--evga8800gtx--E6600 intell--750w asus pw---2 gigs of 800 speed ram--
320g hd

my temps are normal for a 8800gtx --- idle is about 60 and gameing about 70... i wish i new someone who had a video card like mine but, i dont so i hope bying a new one is the right thing to do

im thinking of getting a 9800gtx, it seems to be the best card for the money i need to stay around 150$ to 175$ --now i know you ati fans would advise elsewise but mind you my favorite game to play is crysis...

I have an 8800GTX but mine is still working like new. Have you tried the newest drivers from nVidia?

go for a 9800gtx+ if you favorite game is crysis and enjoy it. wont be much of an upgrade tho. is your cards still under warranty? you may get a free upgrade to a 9800gtx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom