a huge problem really need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S.: When you removed the heatsink, was the CPU stuck on the bottom? Regardless if it was locked in.

It came off pretty easily, wasn't stuck. The thermal pad was melted on the cpu and bottom of the heat sink though.

What happens is I hit power button, the fans all spin and the hdd light comes on and the cd-rom drive lights turn on and cathodes light up just the monitor stays blank, the light on it doesn't turn to green at all. The fans and everything will continue to run but it doesn't do anything.

Your monitor is not receiving a signal. That is related to the video card. Remove the video card, in then reinsert it. Perhaps it wasn't pushed in all the way. If that doesn't work, then we'll go from there.

Your monitor is not receiving a signal. That is related to the video card. Remove the video card, in then reinsert it. Perhaps it wasn't pushed in all the way. If that doesn't work, then we'll go from there.

Not necessarily...I have an MSI KT6V board and it came with the D-bracket which has two extra USB ports and 4 little LED's that light up in a sequence and help you to troubleshoot your system. When the same thing you're describing happened to me....it was the CPU...power on to everything..fans spinning..but there wasn't a POST..no beeps no nothing...if it were his video card his computer would have posted....I believe it's your CPU. In my case the ****er at the store put grease onTOP of an existing thermal pad...****ing moron..anyway...he globbed it on......and it got all over the pins near the core....got it all off w/ a q-tip and 99% isopropynol alcohol....used the alcohol on the thermal pad & a little plastic thing and was able to safely remove the thermal pad without scratching the heatsink. Did a quick little lap of the heatsink bottom to flatten it out. Reapplied and CPU worked fine. If you've already reapplied your CPU and heatsink then your CPU is probably just fried =/

You could be right. I haven't used MSI so I am not familliar with how their POST system works.

thanks for all the replays, i fixed it, it was some thing wrong with the heatsink, once i applied the siver it was fixed

Good to hear. I hope that is the same case with Naxious, and not damaged hardware.

No, unfortunately it's not the case for me. I have reapplied the silver compound to see if I did it wrong the first time. I have reseated the card. Still the same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom