The Official NosBoost300 Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if only i had 1920x1200....

i'm only 1920x1080... darn tv :(

and u speak of all enthusiast dx10 correct? max motion blur too?

for fair comparison....
- drop ur resolution to 1920x1080
- download fraps and do an fps log for the first 10 minutes of the game rushing through on easy.. and make sure to explode all vehicles

i don't like doing crysis benchmark.. i find it inaccurate compared to real life gameplay

i'm going to do an everyday settings 3dmark06 run tonite on vista x64, xp64, and xp 32bit

Ok I didn't play the whole first level. probably about 6 check points or so. I got to the beach and went down that for awhile. Probably about 10 minutes of play??

1920 x 1080
4x
Vsync off
motion blur default (middle)
Enthusiast

here is what I got:

Frames Time (ms) Min Max Avg
9416 552768 2 26 17.034

nothing is OC. stock everything

edit: sorry copy and paste is messy. It's: Min 2 :( Max 26 Avg 17

When I usually play the game and have Fraps running it seems that it stays around 20's frames. usually 23-24. I did expect more out of this card. If I should be getting more I'm not sure why I am not.

The game seems to run smooth for me. I don't play it on enthusiast though, I play it on gamer.

Crysis gives Nvidia cards an unfair advantage. ATI cards perform abnormally poor in Crysis compared to other games and Nvidia cards perform abnormally well in Crysis compared to other games.

Yes it's odd. Seems like no matter what I do any gains I get are marginal at best. I just OC to 3.0GHz and OC my gpu and got like maybe 5 more fps.

I've never OC a gpu. What is typical rules for it? It was at 750/900 and I moved the sliders to 810/1020. Is this safe?

Are you using CCC? 1020 on the memory clock I think is too high for a 4870. If it passed with CCC's stability test then you might be alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom