Bottleneck

Status
Not open for further replies.
u guys, he said "counter strike: Source" which, correct me if im wrong, is the new Counter strike that uses the HL2 Game engine, so, 20Fps is not to bad for your setup. and yes, like everyone says, get a new CPU preferably a 2500+ and overclock it to 3200+ speeds but if you are not comfortable with overclocking, spend a few more dollars and get a 3000+ or 3200+.

Raekwon said:
u guys, he said "counter strike: Source" which, correct me if im wrong, is the new Counter strike that uses the HL2 Game engine, so, 20Fps is not to bad for your setup. and yes, like everyone says, get a new CPU preferably a 2500+ and overclock it to 3200+ speeds but if you are not comfortable with overclocking, spend a few more dollars and get a 3000+ or 3200+.

Yeah, he can also upgrade to Athlon 64 which will do him and his 9800 Pro alot of good in a DX 9 game.

oh snap....well I haven't been following too many games besides hl2 and doom3 and I forgot that a new counter strike was even out! So yeah my mind was somewhere else. and it'd seem kinda pointless to OC a 3000+ to a 3200+ you might as well just have the 2500+ and OC it to 3200+ but yeah you'll need good cooling.

Oh it's been out. The graphics are so nice.:) Thats if you have a 9700 Pro and above.

erm

Guys im talking about Counter Strike Sorce not CS 1.6 i mean the New CS that runs on the Hl2 engine?? in normal CS i run at 99fps with aa and af to 6! lol the HL2 enigne takes alot to run but i think it should run better on this machine just the cpu is crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom