Keyboard has changed LAYOUT!!! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomUK

Daemon Poster
OK, I've just formatted my HD, and doone a clean reinstall of XP Home Edition. Everything's fine. Exept my keyboard seems to be screwed itself up: it's hard to exlplain but for example the @ sign is now SHIFT+2, where it used to be SHIFT+' if you get what I mean.

This is so frustrating and tedius. Could someone please, please tell me how I re-asign my keys!

maybe it got changed to azerty instead of querty. im not shur how to set back tho

i have a Dutch version of XP so I will try to translate the options:
goto settings/country settings or something then click the tab "Languages" then click the button you see there

OK, I've corrected the problem- partly. I've just installed Doom 3 and I can't bind certain keys; the arrow keys in particular: eg when I try to bind LEFT ARROW to strafe left it assumes it as A (as in WASD configuartion).

P.S - DON'T tell me to just switch to WASD beacuse I've always used the arrow keys, and refuse to budge...

DoomUK said:
P.S - DON'T tell me to just switch to WASD beacuse I've always used the arrow keys, and refuse to budge...

Actually I used to be die-hard Arrow / Keypad user. But resently, i have been finding htat WASD or WADX has been doing the trick for me.

The main reason is any of the games that really require the number or F-Keys. Eg. Jedi Knight II or Jedi Accademy.

In my early days of gaming, I always used the arrows. BUT I would have to reconfigure all of the default settings for a game and I couldn't take advantage of the other features such as "looking over a corner" which is available in allot of games now.

Now i'm a die-hard WASD user... thats right... we can test our skill on some Battlefield 1942 or COD...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom