2 Hd 1 Os

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingmanRoss

In Runtime
Friend has 2 HD,master has XP Home.He wants to have his son be on the 2nd HD.Does it have to have an OS on it?I read somewhere it does not need one as long as it is set up as slave(master or secondary slave??? )If this is possable how do I set it all up to do this??I hope someone has answer asap.Thanks all and Happy New Year.

Are you talking about his son's data? Then no you so not need a second OS. For his son to be "on" it I would recommend pulling it out and letting him stand on it.

Your not making much sense. If he wants his son to have a seperate account then just add it through the usual way windows user control panel. If he wants him to have it so that all his files are on the other harddrive then you can reset the default folders to one on the drive. If you want it so that he can't change any of the system files then don't make the son an admin just a user. If he doesn't want his son to mess up program settings then you need to use an image loader your one day late for the giveaway of the day but this will enable you to do that
http://www.techist.com/forums/f27/giveaway-day-returnil-virtual-system-premium-edition-195331/

Make it clearer what you want help with

DUHHHH.Seperate HD and already know how to do it.Not making sense?yea,ok,if you say so.Don't think it could have been much clearer tho.thanks anyway.as for guest account,he has that already.Just wanted to be sure on the jumper settings was all.Got it figured out now.

Punctuation and grammar would be nice. Stating seperate hd repeatedly still doesn't change your original post, I just said 4 methods that would enable you to utilise two hds in a myriad of fashions with user accounts. If you already knew why would you ask? You wouldn't have to touch the jumper settings anyway as its a software based problem not a physical one.

im sorry, but i really found this below funny

Code:
Tags  

2 hd, arsehole, one os 2 hd

My apologies.All I wanted was a solution.2 HDs,OS on master,#2 slave was empty,Friend was put on as a guest,Guest account was not enough so wanted to utilize the second HD for his son so he could put on it whatever he wanted without taking up space on main HD.I guess next time I will be more specific,did not want to make it a really long post as in the past with other forums not many people wanted to read a book and that is why I tried to condense my post.

no problem. we like specifics/lots of info here. helps us help you solve your problems/answer your questions in a timely fashion.
so, you figured it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom