Graphics card Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
And performance keeps improving with driver updates.

The GTX 295 will be at the top of the list in a few days.

Oh great.. that mean's some renumbering is in order :(

I think we better do a picture like thing for this too

I would have said 20.. because it beats the 512mb HD 3850 and ties/beats the 9600GSO

I'm working on it now.. I'll include a document for easy editing that still keeps the numbers (if you have Word)

EDIT: updated list... its kind of hard... so things are way out of place

may i ask why the 9600GT 1GB is lower than the 9600GT 512? sorry if this has already been discussed

I also am of the impression that the GTS 320 can beat the 8800GS 384.....

please correct me if i am wrong

8800gs is on the revision die i believe so it out performs the 320. and the 1gb hinders performance somehow unless you're playing on mad high resolutions.

may i ask why the 9600GT 1GB is lower than the 9600GT 512? sorry if this has already been discussed

I also am of the impression that the GTS 320 can beat the 8800GS 384.....

please correct me if i am wrong

Well, at lower res, it actually takes a performance hit because its bandwidth is too weak to take advantage of it, whereas the HD 4870's GDDR5 and 512mb bandwidth addresses it well even at lower resolutions.

GTS 320mb = GS 384mb in performance due to that die revision, but the 384mb does it without being a power sucker (kind of like the HD 3870 and the HD 2900XT)

8800gs is on the revision die i believe so it out performs the 320. and the 1gb hinders performance somehow unless you're playing on mad high resolutions.

Because there's more memory on the same memory interface, so I think the memory works slower, and the only way it comes up to par is like you said, at higher resolutions.

I think that in addition we should pick the best buys for each price range, and put a star or w/e next to them, so when people look at the list they can see what card compares to what and which one's the better deal.

And the 9800 GX2 outperforms the Core 216?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom