*The Official Tech-Forums Super Pi 1M Rankings*

Re: Tech Forums Official SuperPi 1M Top List

well what did you expect? it's a mac. nuff said

Oh, I know, I was just curious how hot it could get...I thought maybe 80C or something like that... it went from 55C to 92C in about 30 seconds. Since it didn't fry my processor, I'm kinda finding it hilarious.

So much for SmartFan tech in a Mac eh? Guess the fan always spins at 10RPM.

Scratch that. So much for tech in a Mac :p.

So much for SmartFan tech in a Mac eh? Guess the fan always spins at 10RPM.

Scratch that. So much for tech in a Mac :p.

Oh no, it still has "SmartFan". it just runs anywhere from 1500RPM to 7000 RPM. It doesn't really do anything though.

You might need to clean it out in that case. It should keep it somewhat cool.

You might need to clean it out in that case. It should keep it somewhat cool.

It hasn't kept very cool since the day I got it. ;) The fans always run in overdrive when I'm doing...well, almost anything. I was thinking about getting a laptop cooling thing, but I don't know if it will actually do anything.

Not too bad what model and brand? I have my G.Skills running at 1066MHz 5-5-5-15 with 2.1v. I think you could squeeze a bit more out of them if you give them more voltage. Tighten the timings a bit.

i have 2 1GB sticks which are crucial and can go to 1066Mhz with EPP, the other are 2 2GB GeIL sticks which are defaulted at 800Mhz at 5-5-5-18, so i oc'd the 2nd :p

If i ever tried to get more than 960Mhz out of the RAM before i got the GeIL RAM, ie with the Ballistix, then my system didnt boot....i think its the motherboard's fault, since it got to 1066 just fine when i plopped my old Pentium D in there before i got the C2Q.... i dont want to ram an extra 0.3V in my NB either to get it higher and stable, so i left it at 940Mhz....

I just did, ive got to 3.2Ghz, and im keeping my memory at 900Mhz 5-5-5-15 for the moment to see how it goes, ive upped the volts on the HT as well since i was told that my mobo's oc'ing depends a lot on that voltage =) ive broken my superpi record again and got to 14.480 but i wont upload a pic till i try for a higher overclock (my internets kinda crappy)

IMO that sounds like a memory issue. If you oc the ram too much you can fail to boot. and 1000mhz 5-5-5-15 isn't very tough unless you are trying it with those crappy old geil sticks.

Back
Top Bottom