USB 2.0 not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yami

Lady Techie
Hey all, I've read these forums for a while, finally registered to find help with my own problem;
The thing is, all my USB ports, which should be 2.0, always show up as 1.0/1.1, and they definitely run at 1.1 speed, too. I'm running XP SP3, Asus P5N-D mobo (the specs definitely show USB 2.0), and my case (CoolerMaster HAF 932) also has 4x USB 2.0 ports.
Could anyone help me with this? Backing stuff up to my (definitely USB 2.0) external HDD takes forever! I've tried installing my motherboard's 2.0 drivers, but then it says that XP already has them so I don't need to.
If you need to see more detailed specs of my comp, please ask (I would put them in my sig but I don't seem able to find how to edit it?).

Thanks,
Yami

Edit: Oh, and whenever I connect a 2.0 device XP says "This can go faster if you plug it into a 2.0 port!", which if I follow it then tells me there are none available.

I have tried to install my motherboard's 2.0 drivers, but then it says that XP already has them so I don't need to, then closes the install thing.

Thank you, downloading now ^_^ I will inform you of the results.

Alas, it did not. Still won't register any 2.0 ports. Thanks anyways - do you have any other ideas?

Hey all, I've read these forums for a while, finally registered to find help with my own problem;
The thing is, all my USB ports, which should be 2.0, always show up as 1.0/1.1, and they definitely run at 1.1 speed, too. I'm running XP SP3, Asus P5N-D mobo (the specs definitely show USB 2.0), and my case (CoolerMaster HAF 932) also has 4x USB 2.0 ports.
Could anyone help me with this? Backing stuff up to my (definitely USB 2.0) external HDD takes forever! I've tried installing my motherboard's 2.0 drivers, but then it says that XP already has them so I don't need to.
If you need to see more detailed specs of my comp, please ask (I would put them in my sig but I don't seem able to find how to edit it?).

Thanks,
Yami

Edit: Oh, and whenever I connect a 2.0 device XP says "This can go faster if you plug it into a 2.0 port!", which if I follow it then tells me there are none available.

Try installing driver for it. Normally flash drives doesn't come with software. Alternatively, look on to manufacturer website. See if that helps!!

look in the bios and make sure that usb 2.0 is a option to be enabled. this was the same way with my gigabyte mobo.

Philbar, you were right in that the 2.0 option was not enabled, I updated my BIOS a while ago and it must've been set to default; however, it didn't alleviate the problem >_<

Edit: Aha! I checked the device manager, and for some reason the USB controller was listed under 'other devices' - I used the update service thing, and it updated it. Maybe it got corrupted somehow? Anyway, working perfectly now, thanks all, you guys are awesome for helping someone out from the kindness of your heart.

- Yami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom