Hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalarom1701

Baseband Member
I have a problem i reformatted my computer although the os activation key was invalid so i decided to take the hard drive from my old computer and put it in the one i have now, use that one as my main so i will have a os and use the one without as a slave. The thing i need help with is making the hard drive my main and erasing the old motherboard and installing the new one. So basically i need help making that work. PLEASE HELP!

What you want to do is illegal. It violates the EULA and TOS of Windows. Therefor we cant help you fix it.

Not to mention if you take the old hard drive out the hardware profile that Windows has installed already wont match and there is no guarantee that it will even boot.

So either Call M$ with the number provided or buy a new Windows XP to stay legit. That is about all we can say.

Yes according to the EULA to "Transfer" a Windows install it must be completely uninstalled from the old system first. Even if you are transferring the hard drive. It must be removed first. That is part of their Terms of Service.

I know that once you get that online activation error prompt there is a Toll Free Number to call. Use that. It will turn out to be very useful. If any questions are asked just mention that your hard drive failed and you had to reinstall. ;)

The online people will ask you a bunch of questions too, about where you bought the computer, etc etc. You could either answer them, or tell them that you don't want to answer questions on your purchasing habits. ;D (I used to have to deal with them multiple times on a daily basis at our computer shop. :[ it made me die inside a little).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom