Need help with small upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the 7750 is a great deal @ $75.
considering some of the older x2's still cost more.

i will be selling my 6400 for more than i paid for my 7750.
not bad for a small cpu upgrade.
(just got my 7750 in the mail 2day, just waiting on mobo to show up)

Wicked. Let me know how it runs.

I mean, I know I could go cheaper, but this is a huge upgrade for under 200 bucks. I'm pretty happy about it. And I like getting bang for my buck.

I've been looking at some heatsink/fan combos for this processor should I get it...any suggestions?

It's a good build, but from the benchmarks I've seen, the X2 7750BE is on par with, and sometimes outperforms, the E8200 at stock clock speeds. So how would the 5200 hold up?

And while I would love to grab Intel, again, it's just a small upgrade to tide me over for a while. I'll hold off on intel till I can afford my i7. ;)

Also, the Biostar I picked out has adequate graphics for me right now, so I wouldn't have to buy another card, that's a big thing with me. I'm a super cheapo. :p I can shell out 200 bucks, but much more than that, I'm going in the red at the moment. :[

no the x2 7750 is only on par with the e5200 not the e8200. the e8200 would wipe the floor with the x2 7750 :D the e5200 is a very good cpu. it holds it's own aganst the 7750 and overclocks better aslo runs cooler.

I was going by these benchmarks: AMD Athlon X2 7750 BE review

About half the tests ruled in favor of the E8200, but the other half with the X2 7750.

I'll think about the build though. I like intel a lot more, but after rebates, I'm looking at 160 bucks or so, and that's very enticing to my uber small budget. :[

I don't see the e5200 on there anywhere...depending on what test you're looking at, it's within spitting distance of the e8200...besides, I can't pass up a not quite so crappy onboard video for my cheapskate self, haha.

Besides, if I kill it overclocking, I won't care too much. it's cheap. :p

I'll consider your build though, if I get a little more money to throw at it.

yes on the toms hardware guide there is no e5200 but it is not within spitting distance. you have to look at the numbers inside the bars not just the bars them selves but the diff between 91fps and 121 is quite a jump, not exactly spitting distance. even the older x2 6XXX are sometimes faster than the newer x2 7XXX.

I was looking at the numbers, lol. I'm not a huge gamer really, so the difference between 91 and 121 fps doesn't mean a whole lot to me...especially since I could easily play a game just fine on 60-70 or so.

Again, if I get more money to set aside for this, I would gladly buy intel...but at the moment, i'm basically rebuilding my entire machine for under 200 bucks, lol. I dont make a lot of money. :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom