Radiator Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hefemeister

Lord Techie,
I am finalizing my WC setup and had a question. Would this radiator be enough for a cpu and 1 gpu? My thinking is right now I will only cool my cpu. When I build my new rig I plan on cooling the cpu and a single gpu. For now I really want to mount it internally and the mcr-320 would be a tight fit only allowing me one dvd drive. Ultimately (2 years down the line) my goal would be to use the 220 for a gpu-nb loop and get a second rad for a dual gpu loop (in a case that would accommodate both of them). Am I on the right track with my thinking or will I not see the cooling effects I am looking for.

Thanks.

I ran an MCR220 for about 2 and a half years in a gpu cpu setup.

Now I've never used a quad core but it should be able to handle a reasonably clocked quad and a mid range GPU with good temps.

Higher end stuff or stuff clocked way high and your temps will start to suffer.

I would recommend the 320 though. I have one and there's nothing like 19C idle temps.

Thanks. From what I have been reading it looks like I will go with the 320. Now I have to decide if I go internal or not. I do really need 2 dvd drives. One for US region and one for European region. I could mod a power switch into the top of my case or put it outside on the back (wife would not like that option). I have seen top mounts in my case but I do not like how they turn out.

I did a top mounted mcr220 on my brothers case that came out looking decent.

And my rig has a 320 hung off the back.

Yeah I have seen pics of you rig and it is nice. I have the Thermaltake Armor and how you mount the psu with the usb firwire and audio plugs that you would have to move on top, I would have to cut it up more than I want. I think it is off the back for now. We will see. My wife's dad owns his own truck repair shop so I do have access to really cool power tools and such.

Well the nice thing about mounting it off the back is it really is pretty easy to do.

I'll be looking forward to seeing some pics down the line.

Give me a couple of months. I had the cash together but then my monitor crapped out on me. I think it is a blessing because it is giving me more research time. Option 1 back mount. Option 2 get a cheap or free case to pop mine in for a week or two and go to metal shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom