Blue Screen problem. (I think it's hardware)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicktheQuik

Baseband Member
Kind of a long story.

I turn my computer off to go to a lan, it works fine at the lan, but then when I come home the next day it doesn't turn on. My dad looks inside, unplugs and plugs back in a few things, and it works. So a few days later I go to sleep at a friends house, turn it off before I left, and the next day (today) it doesn't turn on. So my dad again tries to unplug and plug back in a few things, but the same thing doesn't work. He then takes my graphics card out and it works, puts it back in, and it doesn't work.

But then he did something, and it turns on with the graphics card now. But I get the blue screen saying this,

"UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

Stop: 0X000000ED (0x8A273900 (This first one changes whenever I turn it on) 0xC0000006, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)"

I've also tried it with another graphics card I have (7300 LE I think) and I get the same message, about unmountable boot volume, so Im thinking maybe it's the ram? I have a 1GB stick and a 512mb stick.

It also won't boot into safe mode. (Im on my family pc)

ok well that code means that your hdd is dieing/corrupt windows install. the first thing you could do is try to reinstall windows.

No way. Please don't tell me "reinstalling windows" means reformatting. I JUST did that a couple months ago. At least then I could go into safe mode and move over everything I needed.

Ok so I can access my hard drive when I connect it to my downstairs pc, I just can't boot up the pc with it, so Im guessing maybe it's just a windows problem. Is there anyway I can reinstall windows, without losing all my data. Or install windows on a hard drive (My second hdd) that allready has data, but not lose any of it? Im not sure if I can get the stuff off of it on this computer cuz I don't have "permission."

That is saying that the MBR is messed up. Use the XP CD and the Recovery Console.

Use the commands fixboot and fixmbr. Should fix this.

Ok, turns out I didn't have to reinstall windows. I think it was my Power Supply. It was just dying out and wasn't getting enough power to all the parts, so it was having trouble operating. Im using a friends Power Supply and it's working fine.

Nevermind, I figured out my folder security problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom