HP TouchSmart 816 Question about coax input connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron09658

Baseband Member
I believe the HPTouchsmart accepts hdtv signal through the coax right?
I want to connect my xbox 360 and maybe another device to it with hd resolution not using the s video port. Is there an external tuner of some sort that will convert HDMI, Component signal to coax digitally to my hp? if so, can anyone recommend brands or sites were a can order one regardless of price, unless its more than 300 bucks or so.. thankyou!

You are talking about this pc just to confirm;
HP® Official Store — Buy an HP TouchSmart IQ816 and IQ816t series desktop PC from HP
It uses essentially a laptop strapped to the back of the monitor and from the photos I can't see any possible video input and due to the limited space it is unlikely you will be able to add a pci video card. I can't see any coax port on the pics might be because its lost in the glossy black finish and coax is ancient technology, I wouldn't suspect them to put a coax port on such a new pc more likely an s-video which would probably be output only. Could you take a pic of it.

thanks for replying.

it has a coax port

under the Brings photos, movies and music to life section it says: Watch, pause, rewind, and record live TV with the dual-format NTSC or over-air ATSC high-definition tuner.

heres the setup im wanting.

console > external tuner > going through coax cable > hp coax port

or a usb tv tuner will also work that has at least component connections and 720p resolution. thankyou for your help!

Ok thats easy then you need to use a rf modulator that accepts component input which creates a coax analogue signal output then just plug it in and your set to go may be issues with running your monitor at non standard resolutions mind and some lag as th pc secondarily processes the video signal. Now go off into google and find the items at there cheapest prices.....

You could alternatively use a xga box but these usually only convert to vga so you would then need a vga to coax adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom