Sys Speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eq1986

Solid State Member
Hello, im not sure if this is the best forum, but here's my question. I bought a 1GB, 2.8 Ghz processor (800 Mhz FSB), 128MB Geforce video card from Dell. I have the program Macromedia Fireworks, it's for images. Lately it's been running it slow, glitchy like. My process use is about 7-20%, mem is about the same.
The only processes running are required ones, or firewall/anti virus?

I did delete the partition and remade it, had some bad spyware/trojans. Perhaps i dont have correct drivers?

If more info is needed, I can probably provide it.

Thank you

uhh make shur u reformat ur whole drives when u reinstall xp.

Yup...if you've created two different partitions on one drive...one for the OS and one for your 'storage' then yeah....you should just backup everything you need to..get a new HD for storage and completely wipe out that C:\, clean format and reinstall winXP. 'XPhome CD from dell' they give you a REAL version of XP Home right not like 'DELLs Version' cause that'll come with a bunch of preinstalled crap on it. Never buy computers from dell or emachine or anything like that, cause they make it so you can't tweak it. Only they can thats why they offer BS stuff like 'FREE UPGRADES!' but half the time no one takes advantage of that anyway

I deleted the partition with XP installed (and my storage), then i made another one, i believe it was NTFS. From there I installed XP from Dells CD. I installed drivers from their CD too. I have installed/reinstalled Macromedia a few times. I have also changed with my graphics cards settings, 65 Hertz to 85, to 75, etc, and my brother may have changed other things.

My video card is GeForce FX 5200, if anyone thinks it may be the video card.

Any other ideas why it may be running slow?

changing the hertz is only changing the refresh rate. Higher hertz is supposed to be easier on the eyes. No clue why it'd be running slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom