creating boot disk for bios flash on new mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

Inspired by Art
gettin new mobo in mail very soon.
allready have the chip and new vista copy ready.

i will need to update the bios on the mobo before installing windows.

please tell me if i created this disk correctly.

1-put blank cd in my drive
2-created "Driver Free Disk For BIOS Flashing " from bootdisk.com
3-copied my bois upate to cd
4-copied my bois utility to cd

steps i will have to take next (when mobo comes in)

5-connect all hardware (duh :))
6-make my dvd/cd drive my boot drive
7-boot to cd
8-flash bois

if something isnt right, please let me know.
i have never flashed my bios any any of my systems, and i hear you can really screw things up if you dont know what your doing.

thanks in advance.

If you want to do it by disk that would be the way to do it but not the easiest. If you have a USB flash drive ASUS supports flashing the BIOS via USB.

If you want to do it by disk that would be the way to do it but not the easiest. If you have a USB flash drive ASUS supports flashing the BIOS via USB.

i have no usb flash drivers.

im like a computer novice when it comes to "extras"

all i know is the good basics on hardware parts.

were my steps correct?

Agreed with Baez. Flash drive is much easier. Just copy the BIOS update file to the flash drive, boot into the flash utility, and update from the flash drive. You can get a decently sized flash drive for very cheap nowadays (I know radioshack has 8GB ones on sale as I work at one lol).

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

Find your board using the dropdown boxes in the top-half of the site, and then there should be a link for "BIOS Utilities" when you get to the download page, as well as BIOS download files.

did that

what to click here

123bios.jpg

Well the BIOS files are in the section called 'BIOS', and the utility is in the 'BIOS-Utilities' section ;). Kinda self-explanatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom