Windows 7 Milestone 3 Build 6801 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Win7 on my P4 @ 3.4GHz which is a single core x86 architecture. So yes you can still use the older CPU;s with Win7. It will not require a Dual or Quad Core CPU to run it.

Windows 7 is supposed to be lighter than Vista, I ran the M3 build on my old Pentium 3 850MHz laptop with 512MB RAM and it ran fairly well for a new OS on old hardware.

A 2.0-3.x GHz single core will be enough to use it, definitely, I've had M3 running on my 1.85GHz Sempron and it runs great.

This is good to know. The rest of the family are running on s754 builds that I made some time ago. Shouldn't be an issue to bring them up to Windows 7. Right now they are content with XP and to wait it out.

You have to be invited by Microsoft to participate in the Beta.

Yeah cool kids only :p

But I am cool :(

Haha who am I joking...

So is the actual Admin account hidden like in Vista? Aka, you have to re-enable it and use it before you can get rid of that permission stuff?

Yes the Admin account is still hidden. But the UAC has been redone. I have only seen the prompt once. That was in Build 6801 to install Firefox. In Build 7000 that prompt was not seen. So UAC has been redone and is less annoying. Even i have that feature on now.

Yea, I know special ppl only.. I'm special.. ppl tell me that all the time, don't know why they call me Ed tho? :freak:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom