Limited AMD CPU choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
With out going into the details of my sad financial sittuation, (insert sad violin music) I am limited to what my CPU choices are.

Although the 7750 would be the best choice it's not available @ my local stores. (I do have one place left to check in the morning but I doubt he carries them)

so here are my choices

9850 - $147.99

9650 - $139.99

8650 - $96.99

5400+ - $66.99

Out of these4 wich one would be the better deal?

Normally I would hold out but I fried my CPU yesterday because I tried to rush into something that I knew nothing about.

Thanks!

Edit: if you could please explain briefly the pro's and con's to why you think your choice is best.. ie, speed, cool and safe OC.

System spec's

MB: M3N72-D
Ram: 2 one gig sticks of OCZ DDR2 800 Gold
GPU: BFG - 9800 GT OC 512
PSU: OCZ Stealth Extreme 600W
HDD: 2 500G WDC Cav Sata

wait for deneb. current phenoms are ...meh

Yea, they seem a bit over priced for what they offer thats why I was thinking the 5400+ for a quick temp fix untill the new AM3's are out, then pic up a AM2+ for 50 bucks untill the AM3's come down in price :D

Yea, they seem a bit over priced for what they offer thats why I was thinking the 5400+ for a quick temp fix untill the new AM3's are out, then pic up a AM2+ for 50 bucks untill the AM3's come down in price :D

I think that's your best bet. Or just grab the cheapest AM2 cpu on ebay you can find.

update: the local repair/part store doesn't even carry quad core, only AM2 series dual core and single core CPU's. the guy said "they're not worth using due to performance verses price". Wow thats almost as bad if not worse then the opinion on Vista.

These guys churn out PC's like Mc D's doing burgers and to hear that from them is something.

Still the 7750 seems like a great deal.. down the road I will get one just can't right now.

9850 and 9650 are Quad Cores.

Normally I would agree with Gurusans suggestion. But since the 7750 is $75~ you might as well just go with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom