General Question - CPU/Graphics Card/ etc Hardware Lifetime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hey guys... I just found out through everest that my computer uptime is 207 days while the downtime is 201 days... so it's always "ON" more than 50% of the time....

My question is... is there a lifetime/half-life of some sort until any of the hardware dies? LOL... like in Battery for example, Lithium batteries can only be recharged so many times till you loose its full capacity charge :)

Hehe.. should i put my computer in sleep mode while its not in use? I dont know if Vista has standby :)

The moving parts and capacitors can die but anything stationary lasts a long time. That's why you see hard drives only have a warranty of 3-5 years while RAM has a lifetime warranty. The average life of a never overclocked CPU is about 125 years.

The moving parts and capacitors can die but anything stationary lasts a long time. That's why you see hard drives only have a warranty of 3-5 years while RAM has a lifetime warranty. The average life of a never overclocked CPU is about 125 years.

whats the average life span of a nos oc'd cpu?

thanks :) was worried that my CPU wouldnt last long hehe... not so worried about the harddrive... they are easy to replace :)

I hate replacing my CPU cuz then id have to take that huge *** tuniq tower heatsink lol

whats the average life span of a nos oc'd cpu?

The big killer is more voltage. Not only does it make it hotter, but it degrades the silicon at a much faster rate. Eventually the voltage will be less efficient.

nos isn't that bad with them. I've seen client's attempts of using vcores of 1.7v. Fries the chip within a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom