keeping up with the technology.. some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you shop with care looking for price breaks or compare between vendors on select items you can get right into a budget build depending what type of system you want. Some micro atx models may be a consideration for keeping the total down.

There are quite a few boards out by Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, DIF naming those makes alone that will easily run a Core 2 Duo. Abit goes by Universal Abit USA when going to use the selector at newegg seeing only one Socket 775 model at Newegg.com - ABIT IP35 Pro XE LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

The price there went over $100. Asus sees several for less at Newegg.com - $75 - $100, LGA 775, ASUS, Intel Motherboards, Motherboards

Half of those are Open Box which you may want to aviod. Just any Socket 775 model by Asus or another make will easily run a Core 2 Duo.

The GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3L also sees the P45 northbridge for the same price at Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

I tend to give Gigabyte the edge over Biostar for support and quality reasons there. For an Asus model with the same the ASUS P5Q SE PLUS can be looked over at Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q SE PLUS LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

All this depends on whether or not you want an Intel chipset over one by NVidia like an nForce or GeForce model. Unfortunately newegg is a little low on inventory like several other vendors being at the end of the year.

^^ The Biostar TP45hp is a great board just ask nosboost, zmatt or any of the other people who have owned one. It also has crossfire support, unlike the gigabyte or asus, and is a exceptional overclocker. I'm not saying the gigabyte or asus are bad, because they are good boards too, but you get more for your money with the Biostar.

I would avoid any nvidia chipset motherboard, they tend not to be as good as Intel chipest boards.

The GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3L also sees the P45 northbridge for the same price at Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3L LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

I tend to give Gigabyte the edge over Biostar for support and quality reasons there. For an Asus model with the same the ASUS P5Q SE PLUS can be looked over at Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q SE PLUS LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

All this depends on whether or not you want an Intel chipset over one by NVidia like an nForce or GeForce model. Unfortunately newegg is a little low on inventory like several other vendors being at the end of the year.

What sort of n00bishness is this? C'mon Biostar has awesome P45s and everyone knows it. This is old news. The TP45 is good for 700mhz fsb prolly more and its big brother the I45 is a world record holder. Biostar's X58's continued this. They are a good brand with good prices.

The gigabyte you posted only has one pci e x16 slot. And a worse Northbridge cooler. They don't even compare. The TP45HP beats it all around.

Gigabyte makes good stuff and I have used them in the past, but that board simply doesn't compete with the TP45. Then again it's hard to beat it at it's prie point.

What sort of n00bishness is this? C'mon Biostar has awesome P45s and everyone knows it. This is old news. The TP45 is good for 700mhz fsb prolly more and its big brother the I45 is a world record holder. Biostar's X58's continued this. They are a good brand with good prices.

The gigabyte you posted only has one pci e x16 slot. And a worse Northbridge cooler. They don't even compare. The TP45HP beats it all around.

Gigabyte makes good stuff and I have used them in the past, but that board simply doesn't compete with the TP45. Then again it's hard to beat it at it's prie point.

ropeadopa isn't looking for any Crossfire or SLI setup to start with. And he probably isn't planning any big ocing gig either. I never said Biostar was a bad make just simply pointing some other options since all this will be for a budget build not any high end gaming system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom