AMD stutter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedman3d

Fully Optimized
My friend says he has one AMD AlthonX2 6000+ and one Phenom 9550 (separate rigs) and he says occasionally it will stutter for a second or so and continue on.

Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this with AMD chips in general.

Wanted to know before i consider one.

Stutter in what way? I run the 125w version of the 6000+ here nice and stable.

Newegg was sold out of the 6400+s when going to order at the time leaving me with the 6000+. :(

I will get around to reseating the hsf with a fresh app of Artic Silver or a better paste soon enough however since the temps are now getting a little warm at times. Other then that no complaints in over a year's amount of time.

Newegg was sold out of the 6400+s when going to order at the time leaving me with the 6000+. :(

I will get around to reseating the hsf with a fresh app of Artic Silver or a better paste soon enough however since the temps are now getting a little warm at times. Other then that no complaints in over a year's amount of time.

when were you looking, i just checked my newegg account, i placed my order on 1/17/08, just after a decent price drop. (was 159.99, 171.xx after tax and shipping)

btw, how much was your 6000+

He says its when he games it will lock up for half a second or so every few minutes and it only happens with his AMD build.

But looks like its something hes done so thanks for the help.

when were you looking, i just checked my newegg account, i placed my order on 1/17/08, just after a decent price drop. (was 159.99, 171.xx after tax and shipping)

btw, how much was your 6000+

That was about $140 when ordering the 6000+ back in 2007. I would have to look back on the shipper for the exact amount.

The only time I get stutters is when I m playing games on an unstable over clock. Even then though, I can just run AMD Fusion, and the stutter pretty much disappears.

He says its when he games it will lock up for half a second or so every few minutes and it only happens with his AMD build.

But looks like its something hes done so thanks for the help.

Have your friend keep an eye on the temps and other things like running memtest to see if the memory has developed any faults. It may be a simple need to update video or sound drivers since this is seen while gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom