Getting close to sealing the deal, looking to minimize cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

kershner

Baseband Member
Ok, getting close to buying all the parts for this computer. This computer will be mostly a general use computer, but it will also be used for a fair amount of gaming. My main questions are about whether or not my PSU is powerful enough, if the case is a good choice, and general part swaps that will result in minimized performance loss with maximized cost efficiency (reduction in mind at all times, of course!). Here's what I've got so far:
Cooler Master Centurion 5 Case
Gigabyte P45 Intel Mobo
Saphire Radeon 4830
Corsair 450w PSU
Wolfdale 2.5 GHZ Dual Core
G-Skill Blacks 2x2gb
Seagate Barracuda 250gb
Microsoft Keyboard/Mouse Combo
Hans-G 22'' Monitor
Pioneer DVD Burner

Thanks for any advice!

I've got this running in a ASUS M32Nxxxx MB w/ Athlon x2 5600+ @ 4-4-4-5 [/B]@ 1.8v - so far, so good. It beats the heck out of the memory I was running before. I plan to make another attempt to put my 5000+ BE in @ 3.1 Ghz on air as I believe that the earlier failure was due to slow memory.

thats impressive.

the PI blacks spiked in price.... a lot

why not grab this one
Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2500:1
I am sure the Hans-G's with shipping cost factored in would be similar priced

$5 bucks more for double cache and 120Gb
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Pioneer one is IDE, you'll hate it compared to SATA
LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner

This all looks good...the Hans-G is more of an aesthetic choice on behalf of the person I'm building it for, I personally think the Acer would be much better and I'll try to convince them of this fact.

Do you guys think the processor is alright?

Just for a shameless bump/clarification - is there any chance of O/Cing the processor without an aftermarket cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom