North Bridge Temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
My Core Center control panel on my MSI KT6V board allows me to change the FSB, voltages, fan speeds, heat warnings and such. And it can show me my case temperature, my CPU temperature, and my NB temperature. but under NB it just says N/A does your motherboard have to come with a northbridge sensor? Or do some North bridge cooling kits that have the fans on them have thermal sensors?

i dont think that northbridge cooling kits come with thermal sensors. is your mobo the top of the line in that series? if not, then its probably only offered on the top mobos in your series.

The North Bridge on my board has the same temperature sensor as the CPU. The option has to be included in the motherboard.

ahh kinda what I figured....yeah then its just the motherboard is the lowend series. Hey Agex....I forgot what thread I posted in where I asked you to suggest me an Abit board thats good for overclocking and comes loaded with OC'ing features....need to be able to lock and/or change the AGP and PCI bus when I start to overclock cause I can't do that on this board. Lookin for socket A, gonna probably OC a 35w 2400+ XP-M. Dual channel would be nice...but isn't an absolute necessity and neither is having 3 RAM slots. nothing over $125. Have any ideas? I'll remember this thread =P

heheh yeah. I couldn't remember where I posted the question cause I know I asked it here and in another forum thread...but I have no clue where that went =P I look forward to hearing about it. These people in another forum are trying to tell me nforce chipset is better for OC'in....but thats all they say...nice info to backup the claim eh?

hey i hate to post this in the wrong thread but to the question u asked agex I would lik to interject that gigabyte makes a great overclockable line of mobos with windows ocing,and if u go to far it wll just reset with a reboot instead of a blue screen,this is what i have,a gigabyte that is,so u wont have to take the side off of your case and clear cmos,like some mobos,but alot are like that now i guess.

boomer:

The newer ABit boards also have that function my friend :D They call it TweakGuard...same thing applies..once the CPU detects settings that are beyond its capacity you just use the reset button to clear the CMOS back to defaults ;)

Gigabyte may be good, but I've heard better about ABit when it comes to overclocking. Beyond that.....windows based OC'ing isn't the best way to do it....and the ABit board would allow me to do that too if I wanted.

Boomer, Gigabyte's line of boards for the Athlon64 do not support the low latencies that are presently on the market. The reason is because Gigabyte based their plans specifically on the original Athlon64 architecture.

True fact! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom