My video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sla1012

Solid State Member
My computer has been showing me this blue screen saying something about my drivers, and forces me to turn my computer off. I updated my drivers, and now I am not getting that message. But, I am getting a message that says your video card doesn't have enough power, make sure your power connectors are connected. So I took my case off and I can't find a cord from my PSU that will fit into the end of my video card.

I have a Nvidia 7900GS, and I am not sure what my PSU is. But, I am sure that it has enough power to run it. It has ran fine for over a ran until recently.

Is it my video card or PSU that is acting up?

Thanks in advance.

You could have a card failing on you there. The supply however should have a 4pin or 6pin 12v feed for the card you simply need to plug in if the demand for power has been larger lately.

Well, I redid my drivers AGAIN and it seems to be running fine, but I got the power message on boot up. And it has been running fine for about 20 minutes, longest it has made it. So I am going to try playing a game and see if it can handle it. Thanks for the help.

And in case my card is failing, could you recommend me a new card. I got like 200 dollars for Christmas i'd be willing to spend.

Well, I redid my drivers AGAIN and it seems to be running fine, but I got the power message on boot up. And it has been running fine for about 20 minutes, longest it has made it. So I am going to try playing a game and see if it can handle it. Thanks for the help.

And in case my card is failing, could you recommend me a new card. I got like 200 dollars for Christmas i'd be willing to spend.

you can get a nice upgrade for 200

gtx 260 ($200)

and a whole line-up of ati's 4850 cards for under 200

just be sure your psu can handle these cards because they require more power than your current card. (and ya, you will need to plug them strait to the psu most likely)

Yeah, game froze after 5 minutes. So, I guess my video card is dead. I will be looking to buy a new one, but for now I don't want to mess with it. I have played with it all night. Thanks for yalls help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom