heat problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil4915

Baseband Member
ever since i came to college and theres no a/c here my cpu temps have sky rocketed. at home i woudl get temps of 40C ish, now im lucky if i can get 48 as a low, it averages aroudn 50 celcius. anything I can do to make it cooler?. my wiring management is perfect and im using Arctic Silver 5(applied a month ago so its well broken in)

thanks,
ryan

if you can find one on the internet...look for a 60mm delta fan...it runs about 7200 rpm i think...it dropped my cpu temp 20 degrees F...if you dont mind the noise then its deffinatly something worth gettin

hmm i'll look into that, any other suggestions?

i woulda done water coolin but its wayyyy outta my budget range

ryan

if you don't mind noise, then get the thermaltake smartfan 2. at max speed, 4800 rpm, it has a dba of 48, but it pushes 75 cfm of air!

80mm vantec tornado 84CFM of air but 55dba....or the 92mm Vantec Tornado with a raging 119CFM but with like 60dba :p and yeah a 60mm fan spinning at 7200 RPM would be freakin insane....get that 60mm fan...see if it spins clockwise..if it does...get the 60mm to 80mm duct convertor...attach a counter-clockwise spinning 80mm fan...you got an ubercooling compressor action type fan! lol I just posted the same message in another forum....damn deja vu

50 degree's celcius is alright for an XP dont worry wait til it gets high 50's then start worrying about cooling.

yeah my 2400+ XP would sit at 64C idle when I had stock HSF and just an open case....now I've got it down to like 48C on idle if I have my fan all the way on...right now its at 50C and just webbrowsing..but if I turn my fan on high and do a benchmark it still won't go above 53C. But I got mucho fans coming and a new heatsink to lap and AS5...gotta nice mod coming up..lookin for like 10-20 degree drop from current temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom