CPU Fan Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaint

Solid State Member
Hello everyone, I have a bit of a problem and if you guys could help me out I would be forever grateful.

I built this computer from scratch a month ago exactly and it has never given me any problems until now. When i restarted the pc yesterday, it would give me a CPU FAN ERROR, PRESS F1 TO RESUME, message while loading up. I have never messed with any bios settings since I got the computer and I was opening Core Temp daily to check the temperatures and they would always be mid 40's. Now they are High 50s-low 60's.

When I check through the side panel I notice that the fan itself on the CPU cooler isn't spinning. It used to spin just fine. I opened the pc and took out the fan and it spins just fine manually, so i placed it back on and connected it again to the motherboard, still no dice.

When the computer is on, I am looking at the fan and it looks like the fan is trying to start spinning but it can't. It just kinda moves slightly but returns to the same position, like if something is preventing it from starting up, but I assure you nothing is in the way so I don't know what to do. Only conclusion I can come up with is that the CPU cooler is defective?

I have a Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro installed

Newegg.ca - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

There it is for reference.

And I am using a Asus Rampage Formula motherboard.

Try a spare fan on the same port if you have a spare one. Or try the cooler on another computer.

If it is the cooler, just RMA it or buy a new fan for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom