having many pc problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

orion233

Baseband Member
I was over clocking and I got up to 4.37 Ghz without overclock fail. I was satisfied and then when i went to windows it wouldnt boot up. So i set it back to 4.00 Ghz and windows booted up. Why is this?
specs
4gb ram 800ddr2
Biostar I45
Intel 8500 3.16 wolfandale.

Also one of my 250 GB hard drives went bad(i was running raid0) so i had install windows again on the other single 250 GB. now everytime i turn on my PC it asks me which operating system i would like to use. There are two options and their both windows vista. The top one works and the bottom one doesnt.
How do i get rid of the one that doesnt work?

Wow that is some killer speeds your runnin, you must see things before they happen ;)
I'm not extremely schooled in your OC problem but as far as your dual boot, I can help.

The only way with Vista to get rid of what you have, is to re-install your OS, with XP it's really simple to fix. but maybe someone can tell how to fix the boot ini file for Vista, I havn't been able to.

that really sucks because I had to reinstall os 3 times now because one of my hard drives went bad.

I have another question. I have a radeon 4870HD 1GB and I can over clock the GPU. what is a good overclock application for radeon 4800 cards?

I don't see an option for overclocking on Riva Turner, where is it?
Is there some kind of tutorial?

use EasyBCD to remove the *OLD* install of Vista

Very cool didn't know about that.. gotta love these little programs.. now if they had a really safe CPU OC that knows what each CPU will do.. for old school newbs like me, that like to jump into acid pools head first ;)

I wasnt being selfish. I was just wasnt exactly sure on what im doing.

If i bought a water cooling system how much more could i overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom